Help on ISC
Help on IndianStockCharts.com is divided into TWO parts.
Help on Chart Usage on ISC
How to start (Check for Circles on charts)
|Click on Charts |
|Click on Fetch Symbol to get the symbol/company of your choice. Remember, once you search for the symbol, you need to enter it manually at the box above under "Ticker Symbol".|
|When you click on "Fetch Symbol" link, it will open up a popup box. Just enter first few characters of either NSE Company Symbol OR the company name and click update. You will see updated list of stocks matching your criteria. Copy the symbol on the left corresponding to the stock of your choice and insert this into the "Ticker Symbol" box on the main chart window.|
|Once you have copied the symbol into "Ticker Symbol" field, select other attributes as you may like such as Time period which defaults to 6 months and a Candlestick Chart. After which just click update and you will see the updated Chart Below. In this example, Reliance communications chart is displayed.|
|Once you have the chart of your choice displayed, you can save it to a watchlist. Watchlist is saved in your profile. Which means each time you login, you will have your watchlist readily available for your to access so that you can jump to the stock chart of your choice right away. You have upto 4 watchlists which you can create/save. Recently Viewed Charts is current for the active session. once you logoff, recently viewed charts will be empty.|
|As you can see, our recent addition Reliance Communication has been added to "Watchlist 2".|
|In this chart we selected ALL indicators that start with A, as an example. We would now save this chart style so that i can access this style when i login the next time. Let us name this "Chart with all As". The main difference between "Watchlist" and "Saved Chart Styles/Settings" is that watchlist saves stocks whereas chart style saves different chart settings. For example, you may want to see how a single stock RCOM looks like when you use different combination of indicators. You would then save RCOM in watchlist and create different chart styles with as many indicators and save that chart style.|
|As you can see, our recent addition Chart Style has been saved with the name we gave it. You are allowed 5 such chart styles.|
|This concludes Basics of How to kick start on ISC and create and use Charting on this site.|
|On IndianStockCharts.com, ISC, there are quite a few handful of Overlays to choose from. Overlays go on top of the main stock chart and likewise they are clubbed together under one topic. In this example, we are choosing one overlay from each of the 4 available.|
|Adding Technical Indicators is pretty straight forward. What we want to cover here is how these indicators are structured.|
Row 1 - There are only TWO indicators on this row WITH overlays. Indicators in drop down 1 and 3 are the ones that are drawn and indicators in drop down 2 and 4 are the overlays that go over these. In our example, we are saying draw a 5 day RSI and overlay 10 day Exponential Moving Average of this 5 day RSI over it. Likewise, we are saying draw 18 day Stoch RSI and overlay 18 day EMA of this 18 day stoch rsi on top of it.
Technical Indicators Help on ISC
On ISC(IndianStockCharts.com) you have the Following Technical Indicators that you can use to draw charts. You can draw upto 6 indicator charts excluding the Main Stock Chart. Click on the indicators/links below to learn more. Note. Links lead to websites Outside of ISC and we are NOT affiliated with such websites in any way. It is for your information only.
All the indicators with *** can have overlays on top of them. For example, you can draw Simple Moving Average (an overlay) on top of MACD or MACD Histogram.
Help on Overall Market-wide Indicators
On ISC(IndianStockCharts.com) you have the Following Overall Market Indicators that you can use to draw charts. Click on the indicators/links below to learn more. Note. Links lead to websites Outside of ISC and we are NOT affiliated with such websites in any way. It is for your information only.
- India Vix - Volatility Index
- Total Stock Advances - Nifty
- Total Stock Declines - Nifty
- Total Advancing Stock volume - Nifty
- Total Declining Stock volume - Nifty
- Trin/Arms Index - Nifty
- McClellan Oscialltor - Nifty
- McClellan Summation Index - Nifty
- No of Stocks making New 52 Week Highs - Nifty
- No of Stocks making New 52 Week Lows - Nifty
- No of Stocks Closed above 10 Day Simple Moving Average - Nifty
- No of Stocks Closed above 20 Day Simple Moving Average - Nifty
- No of Stocks Closed above 50 Day Simple Moving Average - Nifty
- No of Stocks Closed above 200 Day Simple Moving Average - Nifty
- Nifty PCR - Put call ratio
- Nifty PCR - Put call ratio - ONLY Index
- Nifty PCR - Put call ratio - ONLY Stocks
- Heikin Ashi Charts
Help on Intraday Charting Services
On ISC(IndianStockCharts.com) you get FREE Intraday Charting near (with 1 Min delays at most) Real Time (RT) for ALL of the NIFTY F&O components. This is how it works.
- Intraday charts for all F&O stocks at 1 Minute and Greater intervals. Lower interval (below 1 minute) intraday charting is NOT available.
- When you access ANY intraday chart, it is automatically refreshed EVERY 1 minute
- There could be a maximum delay of 1 minute at MOST on certain charts
- You can access ONLY ONE stock chart at any time.
- The very first time you load a page/chart, it may take a few seconds longer than normal. But all refreshes after that point will be FAST
- The lesser the number of indicators you try to display, the faster the page/chart loading will be.
- You now have access to all the indicators that have been available for EOD charting for NSE/Nifty through IndianStockCharts.com for Intraday Charts as well
- All intraday options are standard. 1 Min charts displays only 1 day data. 2 Min charts 2 days and so on.
- Since this service is FREE, there are NO logins etc and hence we cannot save your settings. What you can do is, find a stock, select all indicators, plot the chart and then BOOKMARK the page
- LAST, but not the least. Being a FREE service that too intraday is NOT easy. Least you can do to help is SPREAD the word and let your friends know of this wonderful feature